Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Why are women treated so poorly by physcians?

 When I read the words " I cautioned patient, that I hesitate to label her with I.C due to age.", written in my medical records it is infuriating.

I was suffering then. I am still suffering 25 years later. When I read"does not affect patients sleep", when in fact I was saying Im getting up multiple times a night, on the questionarre done at same visit and in fact told doctor it was affecting my sleep,  it infuriates me.

When I am told I just need to accept my pain and live with it ( Im not dead) , I want to kick them in the balls repeatedly and tell them live with it.

 If this was diabetes no doctor would hesitate to treat.

Men generally are given pain meds while women are not. I can not tell you how often a male with IC has said just get doctor to prescribe a narcotic pain med, not because they are jerks, but because they themselves were immediately prescribed a pain med.

It is a shameful pathetic and barbaric practice.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180518-the-inequality-in-how-women-are-treated-for-pain

No comments:

Post a Comment